Help to end
Internship (London Living Wage - currently £10.55 p/h)
Job Title: Internship
Salary: London Living Wage (currently £10.55 p/h)
Hours: 3 days per week
Contract: 6 months
Location: Kennington, London
Hours: Part-time, three days a week, with the expectation you will be able to work some evenings and weekends. There is some flexibility but normal working hours will be 10-6.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working intern to join our team. This will include carrying out research, contributing to publications, and other communications, monitoring political developments and the media, supporting the varied work of the team, and day-to-day admin tasks.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to some of the most urgent conversations and challenges facing the UK today, to gain experience in event planning, and to develop your research and publication portfolio.
Far more than specific experience or background, we are looking for someone with keen intellect, sharp attention to detail, quick initiative, and genuine commitment to the values of Protection Approaches.
Protection Approaches defends the rights of all peoples around the world who are violently targeted because of their identity.
- Be a dynamic thinker and a good problem solver
- Have experience of working in a busy environment, whether that's behind a bar or in the office of an MP
- Have excellent communication skills, on paper, in person and on the phone
- Have proven research skills and be able to quickly and efficiently synthesise information
- Be organised and able to multi-task
- Be able to take direction well and meet deadlines at all times
- Be able and willing to work hard, including some evenings or early mornings
- Have a keen interest in contemporary politics and citizenship, from the local to the global
- Share the values of Protection Approaches
- Be professional at all times
- Be legally entitled to work in the UK
- A good understanding of the UK parliamentary system and current political landscape
- Good knowledge of UK foreign and international development policies is desirable
Closing Date: 11.59pm Monday 21st October
Interviews held: Friday 25th October
Start date: TBC
We reserve the right to make an appointment before these deadlines
Please download the Protection Approaches Job Application Form here.
Compleate and return the applciation form before the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions about the role please call the office for a chat with one of our team.
Please note: due to the volume of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
Protection Approaches is a charity registered in England and Wales with charity number 1171433 and registered address Edinburgh House, 170 Kennington Lane, SE11 5DP
Copyright 2017. Protection Approaches. All Rights Reserved.
P: +44 (0) 20 3859 9509